Members of the Chairman’s Council are partners in the New-York Historical Society’s mission to engage a broad range of people in American history through groundbreaking exhibitions, thought-provoking programs, and educational activities that bring history to life.
This highly engaging group is provided opportunities to meet and learn from some of today’s most prominent historians, attend VIP events, and receive complimentary tickets to all of the Historical Society's ground-breaking public programs.
For more information, contact the Office of the Chairman’s Council at (212) 485-9221, or e-mail ChairmansCouncil@nyhistory.org.
As a Chairman’s Council Member, you are invited to attend the annual Weekend with History, an annual two-day event featuring the winner of the New-York Historical Society Barbara and David Zalaznick Book Prize in American History at a Friday evening dinner and two keynote programs—as well as individualized breakout sessions by leading historians, authors, and newsmakers—on Saturday. Other member benefits include…
- Request up to two free tickets per membership and enjoy VIP seating for most New-York Historical Society public programs.
- Receive VIP invitations to previews of major exhibitions.
- Attend an annual Fall Event featuring a prominent historian, author, or newsmaker.
- Receive free admission to New-York Historical for your and your guests.
- Participate in exclusive curator-led tours of New-York Historical exhibitions throughout the year.
- Enjoy a ten percent discount for you and your guests at Storico and purchases at the NYHistory Store and Parliament Espresso and Coffee Bar.
All benefits at the Member level, plus…
- Attend a Dinner with History, an intimate gathering with a preeminent historian, author, or newsmaker. Past dinners have featured Tom Brokaw, Ken Burns, Ron Chernow, Niall Ferguson, Annette Gordon-Reed, Walter Isaacson, Andrew Roberts, David Rubenstein, and Bob Woodward.
- Attend an annual Weekend with History event in Palm Beach at no additional charge.
All benefits at the Vice Chair level, plus. . .
- Receive an invitation to participate in an annual historian-led trip.
- Participate in a multi-day fall seminar at New-York Historical presented by the Bonnie and Richard Reiss Institute for Constitutional History. Past seminar leaders have included Akhil Reed Amar, Linda Greenhouse, and James Oakes.
- Enjoy a private, curator-led tour of one exhibition of your choice with up to six guests.